The Primary PE and Sport Premium Grant is additional money granted to publicly funded schools in England to help primary schools improve the quality of the Physical Education and sporting activities they offer their pupils. On 24th October 2017, the Department for Education published new guidance on the doubled Primary PE and Sport Premium grant.
In 2022-2023 the school received a Sports Premium Grant of £16,800.
In 2023-2024 the school received a Sports Premium Grant of £16,800.
There are 5 key indicators that schools should expect to see improvement across:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school.
- The profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement.
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- Increased participation in competitive sport.